Why Are Double Glazed Windows The Right Decision For You
Polyframe double glazed windows and doors are the industry leaders in Australia and have set the standard that others are chasing to match, double glazed windows and doors bring you massive savings on your ever increasing energy bills… so lets talk about why all this is important to you specifically.
What Is uPVC, The Basis Of Our Windows
Polyframe uPVC is a cost-effective and durable construction material with a unique ability to absorb noise and provide insulation against the elements. The ‘u’ in uPVC stands for ‘unplasticised’, a rigid form of PVC that lasts so long it gives the product a lifetime of service.
uPVC windows are able to withstand high surface temperatures of up to 82°c without defects. This means long term sunny conditions do not cause the structure to break or deteriorate in quality. uPVC is also waterproof against the strongest rain and storm conditions and resists corrosion from humidity and sea salt; making it unbeatable for homes in coastal areas.
uPVC has been the quality standard in doors and windows in the UK and Europe for over 45 years. In Australia it is becoming an increasingly popular and affordable alternative to aluminium or wood.
Just Some Of The uPVC Double Glazed Windows Advantages
With features like these it’s not hard to see why:
- Maintenance free: no painting, no varnishing, no putty
- The best insulation of sound and heat on the market
- Double layer glass can reduce the noise by 80%
- Protects against all weather conditions
- Strong and extremely durable
- Easy to clean
- High voltage shock proof
Whether your existing windows need repairing or upgrading or whether you’re considering products for a whole new building. Whether you’re a homeowner, renovator, builder or architect, choosing the right windows and doors for your project is a critical decision that will impact the beauty, comfort and security of your home or commercial building for years to come.
The right double glazed windows and doors will also have one of the single biggest impacts on the energy saving credentials of your property. With energy prices expected to rise by at least 30%* and possibly more in the next few years, it will also have a big impact on your back pocket, so it’s a decision you need to get right.
The team at Polyframe can help you:
- Beat the carbon tax with products that exceed the 6-star energy rating
- Save at least 40% on your heating & cooling bills
- Experience comfortable year-round temperatures with thermal efficiency
- Make your home a refuge from the outside world with 80% noise reduction
- Fight rising residential break-in and theft with unbeatable security
- Enjoy maintenance-free durability by choosing uPVC over wood or aluminium
The benefits of uPVC Double Glazing over inferior materials
- They are not affected by contact with cement
- The colour goes through the entire wall thickness of the material (3mm)
- If they are scratched, marks can be polished out
- All joints and corners are welded and not mechanically joined
- They cannot corrode, even with direct contact with salt water
- Double seals between the sash and the frame ensure the best noise and temperature control as well as excellent weatherproofing
- They come with a 10-year warranty from of the largest uPVC profile companies in Europe
- Glazing is done from inside on most systems, providing extra security
- Our profile supplier is ISO 9001 certified and our profiles exceed the UK / German standard DIN-16830, as well as AS Standards AS2047/2048/1288, and those set by WERS and the Australian Windows Association for energy efficiency and quality assurance
*Source: Australian Energy Market Commission